Today we pushed the button and published the November 2011 release of the Silverlight for Windows Phone Toolkit. This is a bug-fixing release and addresses a number of important issues as reported by customers on the product’s CodePlex site.
For this release the team focused entirely on reported issues, important blockers for people, and we’ve been sharing updates in near-real-time through the Source Control part of the CodePlex site.
Download the Nov 2011 release
Download the MSI
Get the package through NuGet
Download the Samples and Source
View the release notes and download page
Browse the Source on CodePlex
Changes in this release
Here is a summary listing of the changes in this release:
- ListPicker once again works in a ScrollViewer
- LongListSelector bug fixes around OutOfRange exceptions, wrong ordering of items, grouping issues, and scrolling events. ItemTuple is now refactored to be the public type LongListSelectorItem to provide users better access to the values in selection changed handlers.
- PerformanceProgressBar binding fix for IsIndeterminate (item 9767 and others)
- There is no longer a GestureListener dependency with the ContextMenu, WrapPanel, and ListPicker
- The GestureListener should be considered deprecated for all Windows Phone 7.1 SDK development. There is no direct replacement at this time, though the platform now supports events such as Tap right on visual elements.
- Updates the ExpanderView sample so that each individual item has its own tilt effect.
- Fixes PhoneTextBox bugs 9342 and 9345
- PhoneTextBox hides actionitem when empty
- ListPicker can be in horizontally scrollable views.
- ListPicker now only supports Tap for activation (before it supported any touch that began in bounds and stayed in bounds)
- The LongListSelector's Background color now is used for the picker grid to enable better app/brand styling
- LongListSelector state name correction
- Comments added to clarify that ListPicker does not support UIElements directly by design since the framework only permits one instance of a UI Element in the tree at a time
- ExpanderView visual glitch fixed (9525)
- Additional null checks in ContextMenu visual state change methods
- ListPicker SelectedItems is now settable
- Small fixes to ToggleSwitch
- A startup crash correction in the gesture listener.
- The ExpanderView sample is documented better
- LockablePivot's IsLocked property is now a dependency property
- RelativeTimerConverter fixes a UTC bug and no longer throws on future dates
- Fixes some reported issues with VB.NET samples
- Fixed a ToggleSwitchButton reanimation issue.
- Owner is a public property now on ContextMenu
- Handle listpicker selected item with a null items
- Fixes sample issues when building.
- Fixes build warnings.
Hope you enjoy the new release.